SCRA Exam 2018-19 Study Notes
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts every year entrance exam for selecting Special Class Railway Apprentice (SCRA) to Indian Railways. This program was started in 1927.
The Special Class Railway Apprentices (SCRA) is a unique sandwich training scheme modeled on “Catch them Young” fundamental of professional training. Bright young candidates who have just completed their Intermediate (Plus 2) with Science are selected and trained by Indian Railways at its own cost, to be graduate mechanical engineers. On successful completion of four years of apprenticeship, during which the SCRAs study, write exams and undergo practical training, they are awarded Bachelor of Engineering degree in Mechanical Engineering.
SCRAs are selected through the Union Public Service Commission Examination conducted every year. Notification for this examination is issued in major newspapers, employment news and on the website of Union Public Service Commission around the month of October. A written examination is conducted in January. Candidates are shortlisted based on this examination. They appear for interview/personality test and medical examination normally conducted in May. The final merit list of candidates recommended for selection is issued in June. The SCAs join sometime in July. Further details can be seen at the website of UPSC.
If you want comprehensive curriculum based study material, then "Develop India Group" will meet your needs in one place. We will also provide guidance for strategic preparation for the success in competitive exams. We have prepare the study materials by the analyzing the pattern of the last five years papers. So that we could include issues all important issues in the preparing of the study material. After analyzing the success of the past few years, we can say that Develop India Group is a top-tier institution, where 70-80 percent of questions are being asked by our study material. This is a major breakthrough for us and you can take edge over other competitors by the studying of Develop India Group study notes.
यदि आप व्यापक पाठ्यक्रम आधारित सम्पूर्ण अध्ययन सामाग्री चाहते हैं, तो डेवलप इंडिया ग्रुप एक ही स्थान पर आपकी आवश्यकताओं को पूरा करेगा। हम आपको प्रतियोगी परीक्षा में सफलता के लिए रणनीतिक तैयारी हेतु मार्गदर्शन भी प्रदान करेंगे। हम पिछले पांच वर्षों के प्रश्नपत्रों के पैटर्न का विश्लेषण करके पूरी अध्ययन सामाग्री को तैयार करते हैं। ताकि अध्ययन सामाग्री के निर्माण में हम सभी महत्त्वपूर्ण मुद्दों को शामिल कर सकें। पिछले कुछ साल की सफलता के विश्लेषण करने के बाद, हम यह कह सकते हैं कि डेवलप इंडिया ग्रुप एक शीर्ष स्तरीय संस्थान है, जहां 70-80 प्रतिशत सवाल हमारी अध्ययन सामाग्री से पूछे जा रहे हैं। यह हमारे लिए बड़ी सफलता है और आप डेवलप इंडिया ग्रुप की व्यापक अध्ययन सामाग्री का अध्ययन कर के अन्य प्रतियोगियों पर बढ़त हासिल सकते हैं।
Why should read Develop India Group Study Material?
डेवेलप इंडिया ग्रुप अध्ययन सामग्री को क्यों पढ़ना चाहिए?
1. Develop India Group (DIG) is India’s largest complete study materials provider website. (डेवेलप इंडिया ग्रुप (DIG) भारत की सबसे बड़ी अध्ययन सामग्री प्रदाता वेबसाइट है।)
2. Develop India Group (DIG) prepared their study materials in the guidance of highly qualified and experience mentoring specialist. (डेवेलप इंडिया ग्रुप (DIG) ने सुयोग्य और अनुभवी सलाह विशेषज्ञों के मार्गदर्शन में अपनी अध्ययन सामग्री तैयार की है।)
3. Develop India Group (DIG) study materials have been prepared strictly according to revised syllabus. (डेवेलप इंडिया ग्रुप (DIG) अध्ययन सामग्री पूर्णतया संशोधित पाठ्यक्रम के अनुसार तैयार की गई है।)
4. Only aim behind preparing these study materials is to provide study material to those students, who are unable to attend coaching classes in mega cities. (इन अध्ययन सामग्रियों को तैयार करने का उद्देश्य केवल उन छात्रों को अध्ययन सामग्री प्रदान करना है, जो महानगरों में कोचिंग क्लासेस में भाग लेने में असमर्थ हैं।)
5. All kind of facts & data in this material have been collected from authentic sources. (इस सामग्री में सभी प्रकार के तथ्यों और डेटा को प्रामाणिक स्रोतों से एकत्र किया गया है।)
6. All kind of data is updated in quarterly in our study notes. (हमारी अध्ययन सामग्रियों में सभी प्रकार के आंकङों को तिमाही में अपडेट किया जाता है।)
7. Develop India Group (DIG) study materials have been prepared in simple language so that student can memorize easily and better understand. (डेवेलप इंडिया ग्रुप (DIG) अध्ययन सामग्री सरल भाषा में तैयार की गई है ताकि छात्र आसानी से और बेहतर ढंग से समझ सके।)
8. Complete syllabus of preliminary and main exam has been covered in this study material. (प्रारंभिक और मुख्य परीक्षा का पूरा पाठ्यक्रम इस अध्ययन सामग्री में शामिल किया गया है।)
9. All important and relevant points have been highlighted in bold, underline and italic ways. (बोल्ड, रेखांकन और इटैलिक तरीके से सभी महत्वपूर्ण और प्रासंगिक बिंदुओं को हाइलाइट किया गया है।)
10. We have prepared our study materials with trained, talented, experienced team for each subject. They are supported by subject experts. (हमने प्रत्येक विषय के लिए प्रशिक्षित, प्रतिभाशाली, अनुभवी टीम के साथ और विषय विशेषज्ञों के मार्गदर्शन में अध्ययन सामग्री तैयार की है।)
11. Once you will read these study materials, you will surely find 70 to 80 % questions in next coming examination. (एक बार जब आप ये अध्ययन सामग्री पढ़ लेंगे, तो आपको निश्चित रूप से आने वाली परीक्षा में 70 से 80% प्रश्न मिलेंगें।)
12. So BUY TODAY and secure your future. (इसलिए आज ही खरीदें और अपना भविष्य सुरक्षित करें.)
Study Notes Price : Combo Pack : 4000/-
For see sample click on the cover given below :
Union Public Service Commission conducts the Special Class Railway Apprentices’ Examination to select candidates for the Mechanical Department of Indian Railways.
UPSC SCRA Eligibility Criteria: Union Public Service Commission conducts the Special Class Railway Apprentices’ Examination to select candidates for the Mechanical Department of Indian Railways. The SCRA exam eligibility details has given below.
1. Nationality: A Candidate must be either
i. a citizen of India, or
ii. a subject of Nepal, or
iii. a subject of Bhutan, or
iv.a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 01 January , 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
(v). a Person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakisthan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawim Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently setting in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
2. Age: A candidate must have attained the age of 17 years and must not have attained the age of 21 years.
3. Age Relaxations
(a) The Age relaxable for SC/ST candidates 5 years
(b) Age relaxable for OBC candidates 3 years
(c) Age relaxable for 3 years in case of defence services personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or disturbed area.
(d) 5 years Age relaxable for Ex-service men including commissioned officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of a assignment of 5 years military service .(As the date given in advt)
(e) 5 years age relaxable in the case of ECOs /SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of 5 years of military service.(As the date given in advt).
(f) Ten years Age relaxation for blind, deaf, deaf, mute and orthopaedically handicapped candidates.
(g) 5 years age relaxable if a candidate had ordinaly been domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from the 01-01-1980 to 31-12-1989.
4. Educational Qualifications
(i)The candidate must have passed in the first or second division in the intermediate or an equivalent examination of a recognised university or board approved by the Government of India with Mathematics and at least one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as subjects of the examination.
Graduates with Mathematics and at least one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as their degree subjects may also apply.
(ii)The candidate must have passed in the first or second division in the higher secondary(12 years)examination under 10+2 pattern of school education with Mathematics and at least one of the subject Physics and Chemistry as subjects of the examination.
(iii)The candidates must passed the 1st year examination under the 3 years degree course from the recognised university or the first examination of the three years diploma course in Rural Service of the National Council for Rural Higher Education or the third year Examination for promotion to the 4th year of the four year B.A./B.Sc.(Evening College)Course of the Madras University with Mathematics and at least one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as subjects of the examination provided that before joining the degree/ diploma course he/she passed the Higher Secondary examination or the Pre-University or equivalent examination in the first or second division.
Candidates who have passed the first/second year examination under the three-year degree course in the first or second division with Mathematics and either Physics or Chemistry as subjects of the Examination may also apply.
(iv) The candidates must have passed in the first or second division in the pre-engineering examination from the recognised university.
(v) The candidates must have passed in the first or second division the pre-professional or Pre-Technological Examination of the recognised university with Mathematics and at least, one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as subjects.
(vi) The 5 years engineering degree course the candidates must have passed in the first year examination from the recognised university. Candidates who have passed the first year Examination of the five-year Engineering Degree Course in the first or second division may also apply provided the first year Examination is conducted by a University.
(vii) The candidate must have passed 1st or 2nd division in the pre-degree examination of the University of Kerala with Mathematics and at least, one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as subjects of the examination.
5. Physical Standards: The candidates must be physically fit and according to physical standards for admission to Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination.
SCRA Exam Pattern
The Examination will be conducted according to the following plan.
Part I: Written Examination consists 3 papers with Objective Type (multiple choice answer) questions and question papers given in English Language only .Time duration for each paper is 2 hours and maximum marks for General Ability test 200, Physical Science 200, Mathematics 200, Total Written Examination carries 600 marks.
|Paper-I||General Ability Test (English, General Knowledge and Psychological Test)||200|
|Paper-II||Physical Sciences (Physics and Chemistry)||200|
Part II: Personality Test carrying a maximum of 200 marks in respect of only those candidates who are declared qualified on the results of written examination.
SCRA Exam Syllabus
Union Public Service Commission conducts the Special Class Railway Apprentices’ Examination to select candidates for the Mechanical Department of Indian Railways. The SCRA Exam Syllabus details given below.
Syllabus of Examination: Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination comprises of three papers viz, Paper I, Paper II, Paper III.
1. Paper I: English, General Knowledge, Psychological Test.
2. Paper II: Physics, Chemistry ( Physical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry).
3. Paper-III: Mathematics, Algebra, Trigonometry, Analytic Geometry, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus and Differential equations, Differential equations, Vectors and its applications, Statistics and Probability.
The selected candidates undergo a four-year rigorous training programme in Mechanical Engineering, Indian Railways Institute of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, Jamalpur. IRIMEE has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi for the training. SCRAs get a Bachelor of Engineering degree in Mechanical Engineering after successful completion of four years of training. This degree is recognised by the All India Council for Technical Education.
What we will provide you in the study notes?
1. Comprehensive study notes will cover entire topics mentioned in the Syllabus.
2. Study notes for prelims exam will be based in “to the point format” and for main exam in the “descriptive format”.
3. Study notes will divide in many volumes.
4. Latest updated issue of economy also provide you.
5. For practice Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) will added in the last of each subject.
6. Each important point will be bold, italic and underline in the entire contents. It will be help to you in reading.
7. We will also provide you the gist of current affairs.
8. Practice Papers test series will also available.
9. For any kind of guidance and support from our experts, you can call us.
What kind of strategy needs for final selection?
How to go about preparation? It is depends on how much time you have at your disposal. But lake of right direction we are unable to find wanted success in the competitive exam. In our view, for civil services exam needs at least 10 months of decent preparation. Actually time frame is not working same with each competitors, it is depends on the calibre of hard labour of study and gaining/memorise of the facts.
“Go through right direction, you shall find success”
“The blind study is very harmful for your career. It will neither help you in the prelims nor mains exam."
1. We can clear this exam in the first attempt, with positive mindset and a right strategy.
2. You need to know about the essential books and study materials/notes to crack the exams.
3. Before planning of preparation you should solving past 10 years question papers.
4. Go through the subject study with emphasis according to syllabus mentioned by the commission.
5. At least 4 months before prelims exam just start reading facts based study notes.
6. One month before appearing in the prelims exam test yourself through mock test papers.
7. Follow any two newspapers editorials regularly.
8. Read at least 3 competitive exams monthly magazines.
9. Listening radio and news channels daily.
10. Simultaneously start reading NCERTs from class 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th class.
11. For economic data must read Economic Survey, Special issues on Economy and PRS
12. Once you have gained decent enough knowledge, should start writing answers for main exam.
13. Basically you should give more attention on writing skill.
SCRA Exam Complete Study Notes
available @ 4000/-
(For Subscribe Complete Study Notes Online)
Payment Option are: BHIM app | UPI app Rupay | Net Banking | ATM to ATM Transfer
- ICICI BANK
- A/C No. : 157105500244 (Current)
- IFSC : ICIC0001571
- Branch : Kareli, Allahabad
- Beneficiary : Dheer Singh Rajput
- UBI BANK
- A/C No. : 1001010097578 (Saving)
- IFSC : UTBI0ALU539
- Branch : Allahpur, Allahabad
- Beneficiary : Dheer Singh Rajput
- Bank of Baroda
- A/C No. : 22750100006086 (Saving)
- IFSC : BARBOINDHAU
- Branch : Hauzkhas, New Delhi
- Beneficiary : Dheer Singh Rajput