HP Judicial Service Exam 2021
HPPSC (Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission) is going recruit candidates for the post of Civil Judge through Himachal Pradesh Judicial Service Competitive Exam. All eligible candidates who have successfully applied for the post before the last date of application need to appear for the H.P. Judicial Service exam.
Revised Study Notes Price : Combo Pack : 7500/-
Read errorfree, revised & updated study notes
The candidate must be a holder of degree in Law recognized by the Bar Council of India
Desirable Qualification: The knowledge of customs, manners and dialects of Himachal Pradesh and suitability for appointment in the peculiar conditions prevailing in the State of Himachal Pradesh
22 - 35 years (As on 5th January, 2021)
Relaxation of Upper Age Limits
The upper age limit is relaxable by 03 yearsfor S.C. / S.T. and other prescribed reserved categories (OPRC) candidates of Himachal Pradesh.
Candidates are required to pay a fee of Rs.400/- for General Category / General P.H. and Rs.100/- for S.C. / S.T. / OBC of H.P. by cash at any branch of Punjab National Bank, through a e-challan generated through the above website or by using Visa / Master Card /Credit / Debit Card.
Centres Of Examination
1. The Preliminary Examination will be held at Shimla and Dharamsala in Kangra District (if adequate Nos. of candidates opt for Dharamsala centre).
2. The centres of holding the examination as mentioned above are liable to be cancelled/ changed at the discretion of the Commission.
1 Existing Vacancies 05 [3(UR), 01 (OBC) & 01(PH)]
2 Anticipated Vacancies 07 (UR-06 & S.C.-01)
H.P Judicial Services Competitive Exam Pattern
H.P Judicial Services Competitive Exam consists of three stages:
1. Preliminary Examination:
The preliminary examination shall be an objective type examination consisting of the following three papers:-
|Paper-I||Civil Law-I||100||1 Hr.|
Note: All the three papers shall be held on the same day.
2. Main (Narrative) Examination:
Main Examination will be consisting of 05 papers as give below:
|Paper-I||Civil Law - I||200|
Minimum Qualifying Marks
(i) No candidate shall be credited with any marks in any paper unless he obtains at least 45 percent marks in that paper, except Hindi language paper (paper-V) in which candidate should obtain at least 33 percent marks.
(ii) No candidate shall be considered to have qualified the written test unless he obtains 50 percent marks in aggregate in all papers and at least 33 percent marks in language paper i.e. Hindi in Devanagri script.
No candidate shall be credited with any marks in any paper unless he obtains at least 45 percent marks in that paper, except Hindi language paper (paper-V) in which candidate should obtain at least 33 percent marks.
No candidate shall be considered to have qualified the written test unless he obtains 50 percent marks in aggregate in all papers and at least 33 percent marks in language paper i.e. Hindi in Devanagri script.
3. Viva - Voca
Candidates who qualify the Main written examination will be called for a viva-voce test. The maximum marks for the viva-voce shall be 100.
The marks obtained in the viva-voce will be added to the marks obtained in the Main written examination for purpose of selection of the candidates.
H.P Judicial Services Competitive Exam Syllabus
Paper I Civil Law-I
Code of Civil Procedure. Indian Evidence Act, Indian Stamp Act, Himachal Pradesh Courts Act, 1976 and Specific Relief Act.
Paper II Civil Law-II
Indian Contract Act, Hindu Law, Indian Limitation Act, Transfer of Property Act and H.P. Urban Rent Control Act.
Paper III Criminal Law
Indian Penal Code, Criminal Procedure Code, Chapter-XVII (section 138 to 143) of the Negotiable Instruments Act, Punjab Excise Act as Applicable to the State of H.P., Wild Life Protection Act and Indian Forest Act.
Paper IV English Composition
A Choice from three Essays on General Subjects. 150 Marks
Translation of Hindi Passage into English. 50 Marks
Note: The standard for the English paper shall be that of graduation examination of Himachal Pradesh University.)
Paper V Language
Hindi (in Devanagri Script) No books prescribed. The paper of Hindi will comprise of the following:-
Translation of English passage into Hindi. - 30 Marks
Essay in Hindi on any topic out of three. - 50 Marks
Composition (Idioms and Corrections etc.) - 20 Marks
Note: The standard for the language paper shall be that of Matriculation examination of the Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education.
Himachal Pradesh Higher Judicial Service Examination Syllabus
Criminal Law including Special Laws (Major Manual)
(1) The fallowing areas
- The Indian Penal Code, 1860
- The Criminal Procedure Code, 1973
- The Indian Evidence Act, 1872
(2) The Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, 1986
(3) The Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988
(4) The Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989
(5) The Prevention of Food Adulteration Act, 1954
(6) The Indian Forest Act, 1927
Civil Law including local laws of Himachal Pradesh
(1) The Code of Civil Procedure, 1908
(2) The Indian Evidence Act, 1872
(3 ) The Transfer of Property Act, 1882
(4) The Guardian & Wards Act, 1890
(5) The Hindu Adoptions and Maintenance Act, 1956
(6) The Hindu Marriage Act, 1955
(7) The Hindu Succession Act, 1956
(8) The Land Acquisition Act, 1894
(9) Indian Succession Act, 1925
(10) Chapter X, XI and XII of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988
(11) The Himachal Pradesh Rent Control Act, 1987
(12) The Himachal Pradesh Tenancy and Land Reforms Act, 1972
(13) The Himachal Pradesh Land Revenue Act, 1953
(14) The Himachal Pradesh Village Common Lands (Vesting and Utilization ) Act, 1974
(1) Theory of Constitutional Law.
(2) Constitution of India.
The knowledge of candidates regarding history, geography, current affairs developments in the recent past science and technology etc. etc. In so far as the English composition is concerned, the candidates would be expected to know about their command over English language including the drafting, writing articles, essays etc. etc.
Note: No bare Acts shall be supplied.
HP Judicial Services (Prelims) Exam complete study notes @ 3000/-
HP Judicial Services (Main) Exam complete study notes @ 4000/-
COMBO PACK (Pre & Main both) @ 6500/-
(For subscribe study notes, deposited amount in the a/c given below and send us your postal address, medium and transaction details at this whatsapp no +91 8756987953)
Payment Options are: Phone Pay | UPI app | BHIM app | Net Banking | ATM to ATM Transfer
- ICICI BANK
- A/C No. : 157105500244 (Current)
- IFSC : ICIC0001571
- Branch : GTB Nagar, Prayagraj
- Beneficiary : Dheer Singh Rajput
- Phone Pay / Google Pay / Paytm
at this no. 8756987953
Pay through UPI