WB Civil Service (Exe) Exam, 2019
West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC) has given an employment notification for the recruitment of West Bengal Civil Service (Exe) etc. Examination, 2018 vacancies in Group A, B, C & D on temporary basis. Eligible candidates may apply online from 10-11-2017 at 11:30 am to 30-11-2017 upto 12:00 Midnight.
The Commission has decided to further extend the closing date for submission of online application. The revised dates for submission of online application and online/offline fees are as follows :-
Last date for submission of online application: 3rd December,2017 (upto 12:00 midnight) (in place of 30th November, 2017)
Last date for submission of online fees : 3rd December,2017 (upto 12:00 midnight) (in place of 30th November, 2017)
Last date for submission of offline fees : 4th December,2017 * (in place of 1st December, 2017)
NOTE : Challan must be generated by the 3rd December, 2017 positively.
Age Limit: Candidates age should be between 21-36 years ( (i.e. born not earlier than the 2nd January, 1982 and not later than the 1st January, 1997)) for Group A, C & D, 21-36 years (i.e. born not earlier than the 2nd January, 1982 and not later than the 1st January, 1998) for the West Bengal Police Service only (i.e. Group B Service) on 01-01-2017. Age relaxation is applicable by 05 years for SC & ST and 03 years for BC candidates of West Bengal. For information refer the notification.
Note: Candidates whose date of birth lies between the 1st January, 1997 & the 1st January, 1998 [i.e. whose age is between 20 & 21 years as on 01.01.2018] may apply for Group B only.
Educational Qualification: Candidates should have Degree of a recognized University and Ability to read, write and speak in Bengali (not required for those candidates whose mother tongue is Nepali).
If you want comprehensive curriculum based study material, then "Develop India Group" will meet your needs in one place. We will also provide guidance for strategic preparation for the success in competitive exams. We have prepare the study materials by the analyzing the pattern of the last five years papers. So that we could include issues all important issues in the preparing of the study material. After analyzing the success of the past few years, we can say that Develop India Group is a top-tier institution, where 70-80 percent of questions are being asked by our study material. This is a major breakthrough for us and you can take edge over other competitors by the studying of Develop India Group study notes.
यदि आप व्यापक पाठ्यक्रम आधारित सम्पूर्ण अध्ययन सामाग्री चाहते हैं, तो डेवलप इंडिया ग्रुप एक ही स्थान पर आपकी आवश्यकताओं को पूरा करेगा। हम आपको प्रतियोगी परीक्षा में सफलता के लिए रणनीतिक तैयारी हेतु मार्गदर्शन भी प्रदान करेंगे। हम पिछले पांच वर्षों के प्रश्नपत्रों के पैटर्न का विश्लेषण करके पूरी अध्ययन सामाग्री को तैयार करते हैं। ताकि अध्ययन सामाग्री के निर्माण में हम सभी महत्त्वपूर्ण मुद्दों को शामिल कर सकें। पिछले कुछ साल की सफलता के विश्लेषण करने के बाद, हम यह कह सकते हैं कि डेवलप इंडिया ग्रुप एक शीर्ष स्तरीय संस्थान है, जहां 70-80 प्रतिशत सवाल हमारी अध्ययन सामाग्री से पूछे जा रहे हैं। यह हमारे लिए बड़ी सफलता है और आप डेवलप इंडिया ग्रुप की व्यापक अध्ययन सामाग्री का अध्ययन कर के अन्य प्रतियोगियों पर बढ़त हासिल सकते हैं।
Why should read Develop India Group Study Material?
डेवेलप इंडिया ग्रुप अध्ययन सामग्री को क्यों पढ़ना चाहिए?
1. Develop India Group (DIG) is India’s largest complete study materials provider website. (डेवेलप इंडिया ग्रुप (DIG) भारत की सबसे बड़ी अध्ययन सामग्री प्रदाता वेबसाइट है।)
2. Develop India Group (DIG) prepared their study materials in the guidance of highly qualified and experience mentoring specialist. (डेवेलप इंडिया ग्रुप (DIG) ने सुयोग्य और अनुभवी सलाह विशेषज्ञों के मार्गदर्शन में अपनी अध्ययन सामग्री तैयार की है।)
3. Develop India Group (DIG) study materials have been prepared strictly according to revised syllabus. (डेवेलप इंडिया ग्रुप (DIG) अध्ययन सामग्री पूर्णतया संशोधित पाठ्यक्रम के अनुसार तैयार की गई है।)
4. Only aim behind preparing these study materials is to provide study material to those students, who are unable to attend coaching classes in mega cities. (इन अध्ययन सामग्रियों को तैयार करने का उद्देश्य केवल उन छात्रों को अध्ययन सामग्री प्रदान करना है, जो महानगरों में कोचिंग क्लासेस में भाग लेने में असमर्थ हैं।)
5. All kind of facts & data in this material have been collected from authentic sources. (इस सामग्री में सभी प्रकार के तथ्यों और डेटा को प्रामाणिक स्रोतों से एकत्र किया गया है।)
6. All kind of data is updated in quarterly in our study notes. (हमारी अध्ययन सामग्रियों में सभी प्रकार के आंकङों को तिमाही में अपडेट किया जाता है।)
7. Develop India Group (DIG) study materials have been prepared in simple language so that student can memorize easily and better understand. (डेवेलप इंडिया ग्रुप (DIG) अध्ययन सामग्री सरल भाषा में तैयार की गई है ताकि छात्र आसानी से और बेहतर ढंग से समझ सके।)
8. Complete syllabus of preliminary and main exam has been covered in this study material. (प्रारंभिक और मुख्य परीक्षा का पूरा पाठ्यक्रम इस अध्ययन सामग्री में शामिल किया गया है।)
9. All important and relevant points have been highlighted in bold, underline and italic ways. (बोल्ड, रेखांकन और इटैलिक तरीके से सभी महत्वपूर्ण और प्रासंगिक बिंदुओं को हाइलाइट किया गया है।)
10. We have prepared our study materials with trained, talented, experienced team for each subject. They are supported by subject experts. (हमने प्रत्येक विषय के लिए प्रशिक्षित, प्रतिभाशाली, अनुभवी टीम के साथ और विषय विशेषज्ञों के मार्गदर्शन में अध्ययन सामग्री तैयार की है।)
11. Once you will read these study materials, you will surely find 70 to 80 % questions in next coming examination. (एक बार जब आप ये अध्ययन सामग्री पढ़ लेंगे, तो आपको निश्चित रूप से आने वाली परीक्षा में 70 से 80% प्रश्न मिलेंगें।)
12. So BUY TODAY and secure your future. (इसलिए आज ही खरीदें और अपना भविष्य सुरक्षित करें.)
Price : Combo Pack : 6500/-
Only sample cover seen here, orginal cover color may differ from this:
The W.B.C.S. (Executive) Examination will be held in two successive stages, viz.,
(i) Preliminary Examination (Objective Type) and
(ii) Main Examination (Conventional Type-Written) and
(iii) Personality Test.
A number of candidates to be selected on the results of the Preliminary Examination will be allowed admission to the Main Examination and a number of candidates to be selected on the results of the Main Examination (Written) will be called to appear at the Personality Test.
SCHEME AND SYLLABUS
The scheme and syllabus of the examination shall be as detailed in the Schedule below :-
1. Scheme of the Preliminary Examination : The Preliminary Examination will consist of only one paper, viz., a paper on “General Studies”. The paper will be of an objective type consisting of 200 multiple-choice questions. The paper will carry 200 marks and will be of 2½ hours duration. The standard of the paper will be of the level of knowledge as expected of a graduate of any faculty of a recognized University. The paper will include questions covering the following fields of knowledge:
(i) English Composition 25 Marks
(ii) General Science 25 Marks
(iii) Current events of National & International Importance 25 Marks
(iv) History of India 25 Marks
(v) Geography of India with special reference to West Bengal 25 Marks
(vi) Indian Polity and Economy 25 Marks
(vii) Indian National Movement 25 Marks
(viii) General Mental Ability 25 Marks
An outline of the syllabi is given in :
The Preliminary Examination is meant to serve as a Screening Test only for the purpose of selection of candidates for the Main Examination. The marks obtained in this examination by the candidates will not be considered for final selection. Only those candidates who will be declared qualified at the Preliminary Examination in a year will be eligible for admission to the W.B.C.S. (Exe.) etc.(Main) Examination of that year.
2. Scheme of the Main Examination : The Main Examination will consist of five Compulsory papers and two optional subjects (one optional subject for candidates applying only for group C and / or D) to be chosen by the candidates from the list of optional subjects given below. If a candidate offers two optional subjects and intends to compete for only Group – ‘C’ and/or ‘D’, he/she will be allowed the Optional Subject mentioned first. There will be two papers on each optional subject. Every paper – Compulsory or Optional – will carry 100 marks and will be of 3 hours’ duration.
Compulsory Papers :
Paper I : Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali Essay, Précis Writing, Composition and Translation from English into
Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali (Marks 40+20+20+20).
Paper II : English Essay, Précis Writing, Composition and Translation from Bengali/Hindi/ Urdu/Nepali into English (Marks 40+20+20+20).
Paper III : General Knowledge and Current Affairs (Excluding questions on the Constitution of India and the Five-year Plans (Marks 50+50).
Paper IV : The Constitution of India and the Five-year Plans (Marks 50+50).
Paper V : Arithmetic and Test of Reasoning (Marks 50+50).
3. List of Optional Subjects : (Vide restriction on choice in Item No.-4 below and syllabi in Appendix-I)
Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
Commerce and Accountancy
4. Restriction on choice of Optional Subjects : Candidates will be allowed to offer optional subjects mentioned below in the following restricted manner.
i) Bengali/Hindi/Sanskrit/English/Pali/Arabic/Persian/French/Urdu/Comparative Literature (candidates will
have the option to choose if they so intend, only one of those subjects as an optional paper).
ii) Commerce and Accountancy or Management
iii) Sociology or Political Science or Anthropology
iv) Mathematics or Statistics
v) Agriculture or Botany
vi) Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science or Medical Science or Physiology or Zoology
vii) Civil Engineering or Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or Computer Science
viii) Geography or Geology
ix) Philosophy or Psychology
5. The standard of Arithmetic part of Compulsory Paper – V – Arithmetic & Test of Reasoning will be similar to that of the Compulsory Mathematics paper at the Madhyamik Examination of the Board of Secondary Education, West Bengal. Test of Reasoning will cover Analytical Reasoning – Data Sufficiency; Logical Reasoning – (1) Logical Deduction, (2) Forcefulness of the Arguments, (3) Implication of sentences, (4) Inferring from diagrams; Series – (1) Letter series, (2) Number series; Inferring from Data; analogy tests; Symbol Interpretation; Mathematical puzzles; Odd man out; Perception test; Non-verbal reasoning; Selecting the correct sequence.
The standard of other compulsory papers will be of the level of learning expected of a graduate of any faculty of a recognized University.
The standard of the examination in optional subjects will be approximately that of an Honours Degree Examination as prescribed by the recognized Indian Universities except Law, Medical Science and Engineering subjects. For Law, Medical Science and Engineering subjects those specified for the LLB course theoretical papers for MBBS and BE or equivalent courses respectively of recognized Indian University / Institution.
6. Answers in all the paper – Compulsory and Optional – except the language papers may be written either in English or in Bengali (unless otherwise directed in these rules or in the question papers). Answers in the following compulsory and optional papers may also be written in Nepali :
Compulsory : (1) General Knowledge & Current Affairs.
(2) The Constitution of India & the Five-Year Plans.
Optional : (1) Political Science
Note : Candidates should write their answers to all the questions in only one and the same language in any particular paper.
Candidates may use the Devanagari or Bengali Script in the answer papers on Sanskrit; the Devanagari Script in the answer papers on Hindi or Nepali; and the Bengali, Arabic, Persian and Urdu Scripts respectively in the answer papers on Bengali, Arabic, Persian & Urdu.
7. A summary of the group-wise papers in the Main Examination : Group ‘A’ & ‘B’ Services & Posts : All 5 compulsory papers and two optional subjects of two papers each. Page 3 of 32
Group ‘C’ & ‘D’ Services & Posts : All 5 compulsory papers and one optional subject of two papers.
In case of a candidate competing for Group ‘A’ and / or ‘B’ along with Group ‘C’ and / or ‘D’ and offering two optional subjects the particular optional subject in which higher marks have been secured will be taken into account in calculating his / her aggregate in Group ‘C’ and / or ‘D’.
8. Personality Test : A number of candidates selected in order of merit on the results of the Main Examination (Written) for all the services and posts included in Groups A. B, C and D will have to appear for the Personality Test. Each candidate will be asked questions on matters of general interest. The object of the test will be to assess the candidate’s personal qualities, e.g., alertness of mind, power of clear and logical exposition, intellectual and moral integrity, leadership and also the candidates’ range of interests.
Candidates for Group ‘B’ Service (West Bengal Police Service) will be specially tested at the interviews with regard to their suitability for the service.
Marks for the Personality Test
(i) Group ‘A’, ‘B’ & ‘C’ 200 Marks
(ii) Group ‘D’ 100 Marks
9. Deduction of marks : In all the answer papers under examination due credit will be given for proper economy of words combined with clarity, precision and effectiveness of expression and originality of approach.
A deduction of 10% of full marks may be made from the total marks secured by a candidate in a particular paper if he / she discloses his / her identity by writing his / her name, roll number or by putting any identifying marks inside the answer script of that paper.
10. Discretion of the Commission : The Commission has discretion to fix qualifying marks in any or all the papers / subjects and in the aggregate.
If a candidate fails to secure qualifying marks in any paper / subject, the marks in that paper / subject will not be considered in calculating his / her aggregate.
What we will provide you in the study notes?
1. Comprehensive study notes will cover entire topics mentioned in the Syllabus.
2. Study notes for prelims exam will be based in “to the point format” and for main exam in the “descriptive format”.
3. Study notes will divide in many volumes.
4. Latest updated issue of economy also provide you.
5. For practice Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) will added in the last of each subject.
6. Each important point will be bold, italic and underline in the entire contents. It will be help to you in reading.
7. We will also provide you the gist of current affairs.
8. Practice Papers test series will also available.
9. For any kind of guidance and support from our experts, you can call us.
What kind of strategy needs for final selection?
Everyone asks oneself how we can become a civil servant. How to go about preparation? It is depends on how much time you have at your disposal. But lake of right direction we are unable to find wanted success in the competitive exam. In our view, for civil services exam needs at least 10 months of decent preparation. Actually time frame is not working same with each competitors, it is depends on the calibre of hard labour of study and gaining/memorise of the facts.
“Go through right direction, you shall find success”
“The blind study is very harmful for your career. It will neither help you in the prelims nor mains exam."
1. We can clear civil service exam in the first attempt, with positive mindset and a right strategy.
2. You need to know about the essential books and study materials/notes to crack the exams.
3. Before planning of preparation you should solving past 10 years question papers.
4. Go through the subject study with emphasis according to syllabus mentioned by the commission.
5. At least 4 months before prelims exam just start reading facts based study notes.
6. One month before appearing in the prelims exam test yourself through mock test papers.
7. Follow any two newspapers editorials regularly.
8. Read at least 3 competitive exams monthly magazines.
9. Listening radio and news channels daily.
10. Simultaneously start reading NCERTs from class 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th class.
11. For economic data must read Economic Survey, Special issues on Economy and PRS
12. Once you have gained decent enough knowledge, should start writing answers for main exam.
13. Basically you should give more attention on writing skill.
West Bengal Civil Service (Exe) Prelims Complete Study Notes @ 3000/-
West Bengal Civil Service (Exe) Main Complete Study Notes @ 4000/-
COMBO PACK (Prelims & Main both) @ 6500/-
Each Optional Subject Study Notes available @ 2000/-
(For subscribe deposited amount in the a/c given below and sens us your postal address, medium and transaction details at this whatsapp no +91 8756987953)
Payment Options are: Phone Pay | BHIM app | UPI app | Net Banking | ATM to ATM Transfer
- ICICI BANK
- A/C No. : 157105500244 (Current)
- IFSC : ICIC0001571
- Branch : Kareli, Allahabad
- Beneficiary : Dheer Singh Rajput
- UBI BANK
- A/C No. : 1001010097578 (Saving)
- IFSC : UTBI0ALU539
- Branch : Allahpur, Allahabad
- Beneficiary : Dheer Singh Rajput
- Bank of Baroda
- A/C No. : 22750100006086 (Saving)
- IFSC : BARB0INDHAU
- Branch : Hauzkhas, New Delhi
- Beneficiary : Dheer Singh Rajput