Goa PSC Complete Study Notes
With the introduction of negative marking and computer-based recruitment test (CBRT) for selection of junior scale officers, only five out of 1,056 candidates cleared the test conducted by Goa Public Service Commission (GPSC).
GPSC chairman Jose Manuel Noronha told that they had received 1,856 applications for 11 posts of junior scale officer, out of which 1,506 appeared for the exam. "But, only five passed the exam," Noronha said. He informed that these five candidates have to now appear for a written test and interview before they are recruited.
Goa Public Service Commission (GPSC) has invited online applications for recruitment to the posts of Assistant Lecturer, Principal and Assistant Conservator of Forests. Interested candidates should apply at http://gpsc.goa.gov.in, only after ensuring their eligibility. The last date was 26 May 2017.
Revised Study Notes Price : Combo Pack : 6500/-
For sure selection read errorfree, revised & updated study notes
Goa Public Service Commission (Goa PSC) has published notification for recruitment each year for various posts.
Goa PSC Exam Pattern 2020
The exam consists of 3 rounds – Prelims, mains, and the interview round.
- It consists of 2 papers.
- They are the general studies and the general aptitude papers.
- Both papers are conducted for 200 marks.
- Both are conducted for 2 hours duration.
- Both papers have multiple-choice questions only.
- IT consists of 6 papers.
- All papers are explanatory and descriptive.
- The first 2 papers are General English and General Hindi.
- They are conducted for 100 marks each.
- The remaining 4 papers are General studies papers – 1,2,3,4, respectively.
- The general studies papers carry a total of 150 marks each.
- Overall the mains exam paper is conducted for 800 marks.
- The total marks of the interview round are 100.
- Only those candidates who clear the main exam will be allowed to attempt the interview round.
- The marks scored in the mains plus the interview round decide the final rank of the candidate.
Syllabus for Goa Public Service Commission
The prelims and the mains exam consist of the General studies paper, general aptitude paper, general English, and general Hindi papers.
The syllabus, in brief, is provided below. Candidates can also download the complete syllabus in PDF format.
General Study’s paper:
- Constitution of India
- Ethics, moral values, and integrity
- Governance and bureaucracy
- Budget and planning commission
- Current affairs
- General knowledge
- History of India
- Indian national movement
- Religion and culture of Goa
- Festivals and languages of Goa
- Goa demographics and statistics
- Information technology
- Social and economic development of the country
- Ecology and biodiversity
- Wildlife and habitat conservation
- Environmental studies
General Aptitude paper:
- Numerical problems
- Data reasoning
- Logical reasoning
- Data sufficiency
- Data interpretation
- Analytical thinking
- Graphs and charts
General English paper
- Letter writing
- Proverbs and idioms
- Sentence completion
- Precise and paragraph writing
- Language usage in different forms
General Hindi paper
- Short notes/essay type of questions
- Precise writing
- Letter writing
- Hindi Grammar
- Sentence completion
Complete Study Notes for Goa PSC Prelims Exam available @ 3000/-
Complete Study Notes available for Goa PSC Main Exam available @ 4000/-
COMBO PACK (Pre & main both) available @ 6500/-
(For subscribe, deposited amount in the a/c given below and send us your postal address, medium and transaction details at this whatsapp no +91 8756987953)
Payment Options are: Phone Pay | UPI app | BHIM app | Net Banking | ATM to ATM Transfer
- ICICI BANK
- A/C No. : 157105500244 (Current)
- IFSC : ICIC0001571
- Branch : GTB Nagar, Prayagraj
- Beneficiary : Dheer Singh Rajput
- Phone Pay / Google Pay / Paytm
at this no. 8756987953
Pay through UPI