Daily Current affairs
Dear aspirants we are start the practie set series for UPPCS Preliminary exam. So you can can find regular update here.
1. How many countries of the world have adopted compulsory voting system?
2. Which country recently rejected one child norm policy and allowed parents to have another child?
3. Who among the following has been chosen ‘Person of the Year 2015’ by Times Magazine?
(a) Barack Obama
(b) AB. Al. Bagdadi
(c) Francois Hollande
(d) Angela Merkel
Answer:Angela Merkel, for 2016 its Donald Trump
4. ‘Seva Divas’ has been proposed by central Government to celebrate the birthday of
(a) Atal Bihari Bajpayee
(b) Deen Dayal Upadhyay
(c) Shyama Prasad Mukherjee
(d) Veer Savarkar
Answer:None, Its PM Narendra Modi’s birthday to be observed as ‘Seva Diwas’
5. In which of the following districts of U.P., a 112 year old woman (Nauroji Devi) has been elected Pradhan of a village?
6. Raghuvir Chaudhury, who was recently awarded Sahitya Academy Puraskar, enriched the literature in
Answer:Gujarati, For 2016 the list for Sahitya Yuva Puraskar is :-
Sri Pratim Baruah (Assamese),
Sri Bijit Gwra Ramchiary (Bodo),
Sri Rajinder Ranjha (Dogri),
Sri Taro Sindik (Hindi),
Ms. Nighat Sahiba (Kashmiri),
Sri Amey Vishram Naik (Konkani),
Sri Chandan Kumar Jha (Maithili),
Sri. Kh. Krishnamohan Singha (Manipuri),
Sri Saran Muskan (Nepali),
Sri Suryasnata Tripathy (Odia),
Sri Harman (Punjabi),
Sri Hemchandra Belwal (Sanskrit),
Ms. Maina Tudu (Santali),
Ms. Rekha Sachdev Pohani (Sindhi),
Ms. J. Jayabharathi (Tamil)
Ms. Mercy Margaret (Telugu).
Sri Rahul Kosambi is awarded for his essay.
Sri Shamik Ghosh (Bengali),
Sri Ram Mori (Gujarati),
Ms. Shanthi K. Appana (Kannada),
Ms. Aswathy Sasikumar (Malayalam)
Sri Ummed Dhaniya (Rajasthani).
Sri Manu S. Pillai (English)
Sri Rasheed Ashraf Khan (Urdu)
7. Supposing all Indian States as different countries of the world in terms of Human Development Index ranking; match these states to concerned country’s ranking and select correct option from codes given below:
(states) (Ranking Countries)
Kerala 1. South Africa
Gujarat 2. Pakistan
Uttar Pradesh 3. Honduras
Maharashtra 4. Maldives
A B C D
(a) 3 1 2 4
(b) 4 3 2 1
(c) 2 3 1 4
(d) 1 2 3 4
Answer: 4 3 2 1
8. The book ‘Kargil : Turning the Tide’ is written by
(a) Mohinder Puri
(b) Anita Nair
(c) Chetan Bhagat
(d) Durjoy Datta
9. In the International Tennis Premier League (ITPL) 2015, matches held in India, Rafael Nadal played from the team
(a) UAE Royals
(b) Japan Warriors
(c) India Aces
(d) Philippine Mavericks
10. A well planned racket has been unearthed in Indian Railways recently. The scam is related to
(a) sale of spurious food items on platforms and coaches.
(b) railway brand water ‘Rail Neer’.
(c) supply of substandard electric items.
(d) over/under invoicing of goods transported by trains.
Answer:sale of spurious food items on platforms and coaches.
11. Barak-3 Missile (next generation) has been developed by India in collaboration with which of the following countries?
12. In which state the Nelong Valley is located?
(a) Himachal Pradesh
(c) Jammu and Kashmir
13. In which or the following countries women have been given voting rights for the first time and they won 13 seats in the election (2015) creating a history?
(c) Saudi Arabia
14. ‘Simply click’ credit card scheme is launched by which of the following Banks?
Answer : SBI
15. In the 64th Miss universe Competition, the winner Pia Alonzo wurtzback belongs to
Answer:Philippines, 65th winner is Iris Mittenaere of France