RRB Examinations 2016-17
Railway Recruitment Boards - Allahabad | Ahmedabad | Ajmer | Bangalore | Bhopal | Bhubneswar | Bilaspur | Chandigarh | Chennai | Gorakhpur | Guwahati | Jammu and Srinagar | Kolkata | Malda | Mumbai | Muzaffarpur | Patna | Ranchi | Secunderabad | Siliguri | Thrivanthapuram | Trivandram
Examination Pattern (RRB- 2016)
The examination for RRB will comprise of four major parts (Technical and Non Technical Examinations) via-
1) General Awareness
The examination will be of 100 marks in total. The categorization of marks section wise is as follows-
1) General Awareness – 20 marks
The examination will be “Online Exam Computer Based Test (CBT)” and total 90 minutes will be given to the applicants to solve it.
Syllabus (RRB 2016)
1) General Awareness – The section of General knowledge comprises of Current Affairs, Book Authors, Abbreviations, Science & Inventions- Discoveries, Awards & Honors, International & National Organizations, National Budget etc.
2) Arithmetic – Data Interpretation/ Profit & Loss/ Simple Interest/ Mensuration/ HCF & LCM/ Time and Work/ Time and Distance/ Simplification/ Algebra/ Percentage/ Number System/ Decimal Fractions/ Unitary Method/ Compound Interest etc.
3) General Intelligence – General Reasoning and Mental Ability based questions
4) Reasoning – Age Calculations/ Direction Test/ Arithmetic Reasoning/ Problem of Age Calculations/ Number Ranking/ Coding Decoding/ Alphabet Series/ Decision Making/ Blood Relations/ Verbal Reasoning etc.
RRB - Railway Recruitment Board Exam is conducted by the various RRBs in India for providing a good career option to the person who are eligible for the posts offered.
Railway Recruitment Posts Description
Gazetted (Group 'A' and 'B') and Non-gazetted (Group 'C' and 'D'). C. 19 RRBs to recruit Group C and D posts.
Group 'A' Posts - Group A posts is carried out by UPSC - appointed through Civil Service Exam, Engineering Service Exam, and Combined Medical Service Examination.
Group 'B' Posts - This posts are not open to directly. The Group B posts link Section Officers Grade - upgraded posts from Group 'C' railway employees on deputation basis.
Group 'C' Posts - Technical and Non-Technical cadre posts like Clerk, Station Masterm Ticket Collector, Commercial Apprentice, Traffic Apprentice, Engineering posts (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Signal & Telecommunication) etc.
Group 'D' Posts - These posts in various disciplines include Trackman, Helper, Assistant Points Man, Safaiwala, Ganman, Peon etc.
Indian Railway Recruitment Zones
Indian Railways organizational structure is divided into 17 zones, which are further sub-divided into various city wise divisions.
1. Central Railway (CR) - Mumbai
RRB Non Technical Recruitment for 18252 Posts Complete Study Notes available @ 2000/-
Previous year question papers with solutions available @ 500/-